Commission accepted for WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS from your photos for people, buildings, and animals.
Now available through TRUNK SHOWS. CLICK HERE for details on hosting a show.
Sketches: A watercolor painting that is either faceless or painted from the back view of the subject/s with either a simple background or no background. Buildings and animals are also included in sketch pricing.
Portrait: A watercolor painting that includes the facial features of subjects. Portraits are only available in watercolor at this time.
SIZES LISTED IN ABOVE CHARTS ARE SUGGESTIONS. WATERCOLOR PAPER COMES IN LARGE ROLLS MAY BE CUT TO ANY SIZE.
Commissioning your Painting
I have worked with commissioned paintings everyday since 2006 and I look forward to hearing from you about yours. Click on the contact tab to start the conversation today!
The process for commissioning a painting is listed below:
1. Select your photo.
- Good photographs make good paintings. Look for pictures that are taken in good light and are on the eye level of your subjects. Ask yourself before sending the portrait picture: Is this a clear photograph (high pixels, close up, etc.) Are their eyes open and mouth closed? Look for natural pose pictures. Paintings of people in a natural playful pose look better than a smile at the camera painting. Try to capture your children playing when they are not looking.
- Amanda is available to take portraits pictures in central Alabama. Please click on the contact tab above and send a message for more information.
- You must have your photographers permission BEFORE sending their photograph.
- Multiple photos are often helpful.
2. E-mail selected photos. Include in your e-mail:
- Size of painting desired.
- Any changes you would like to the original photograph (i.e. clothing, combining pictures, etc.)
- Your photograph. Please note: If you use the above contact tab Amanda will have to first respond to your e-mail before you can attach a picture.
3. You should receive a response to your e-mail within 24 hours.
- If you do not receive a response please resend your original request. E-mail are sometimes unintentionally overlooked, but we try to answer every request in a timely manner.
4. You will receive a timeline of how long the process will take.
- Time frames usually run six to eight weeks, but during the holiday season this can be longer.
- Your timeline will start once the artist has received you photographs, all the details have been worked out and you have paid for your painting.
5. A paypal invoice will be sent to the e-mail used by the customer, unless otherwise requested.
- Checks may be mailed to the artist. Address will be provided upon request.
- All Alabama residents subject to a 10% sales tax
- All invoices over 30 days past due are subject to a 10% fee.
6. A proof of your painting will be e-mail to you for approval and MINOR changes.
- Major changes should have been discussed when you sent the original e-mail.
7. Once approved, your painting is ready to be shipped or picked up.
- Shipping charges for one 8×10 painting is $6, an 11×14 painting is $8 and larger paintings will be $15
- Paintings will be taken to the post office one day per week. If you need you painting by specific date, please mention in original e-mail. Rush fee may apply.